Our Social Impact
With each item purchased, La-ta-da is partnering with Girl Up, the United Nations Foundation’s adolescent girl campaign, to provide leadership development training to empower girls to change the world.*
Girl Up’s youth leaders, representing more than 1,300 Girl Up Clubs around the world, stand up, speak up, and rise up to support the hardest to reach girls living in places where it is hardest to be a girl.
- In certain countries, girls are more likely to confront physical, socioeconomic, and political barriers that put them and their communities at a severe disadvantage for growth & development
- Girls are powerful and can change the world if simply given the opportunity to succeed. When you invest in a girl, you are investing not only in her, but in her family, her community, and our world
- There are 600 million adolescent girls around the world today – the largest girl generation in history – making this the ideal time to invest in girls to start the ripple effect that leads to a brighter, more prosperous future for everyone
- The world recognized the importance of adolescent girls when global leaders put them front & center when drafting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Many of these 17 global goals specifically focus on the rights of adolescent girls
- Girl Up seeks to produce a generation of leaders who are empowered to create change globally
- Girl Up is a “for girls, by girls” campaign. This unique approach means that not only does Girl Up reach adolescent girls in developing nations, but it also empowers the girls in our global community to stand up, speak up, and rise up to take action
- Through Girl Up’s support, girls in the hardest to reach places of the world will become educated, healthy, safe, counted, and positioned to be the next generation of leaders
- When investments are made in girls, we are on a better path to ending poverty, strengthening communities, and building a more just and peaceful world
“Introducing consumers to Girl Up through our partnership with La-ta-da is an amazing way to expand our reach and gain even more passionate advocates supporting girls’ rights and empowerment around the world.”
— Melissa Hillebrenner Kilby, Director of Girl Up United Nations Foundation
* For each La-ta-da item purchased, Project Underground, LLC will donate $0.01 to Girl Up United Nations Foundation. This purchase/donation is not tax deductible. Project Underground, LLC is solely responsible for this program and donations.